Viral marketing can be described as a strategy to encourage individuals to spread on marketing messages to other people, developing potential for the exponential boost in the influence and exposure of the message. Similar to viruses, such strategies by the viral marketing service providers take benefits of rapid multiplication for spreading message to number of people.
Off the web, the viral marketing service can be described as the creating buzz or word of mouth or network marketing. However, on the web for worse or better it get referred as viral marketing.
The Classic Mails Example –
The typical example of this service is E-mail marketing in India, one of the free internet based services. The strategy is quite simple –
1. Offer free email addresses as well as services
2. Adding tag to the bottom of each sent mail
3. Wait while users email to its own friend or associate network
4. Users who view this message
Similar to small waves spreading farther from single pebble fell into pond, a properly created viral marketing plan ripples outward rapidly.
Elements of Viral Marketing Service Strategy –
Some of the strategies of viral marketing services work efficiently as compared to others. However, here are six basic elements you should include in your strategy –
1. Gives away services or products
2. Offers for easy transfer to others
3. Exploits common behaviors or motivations
4. Measures easily from very large to small
5. Using existing networks for communication
6. Raking advantage of resources of others
To one level or other, all successful strategy of viral marketing services use most of these mentioned six principles. One should learn these foundation principles first of viral marketing to start and get success in this field.